- Distinguish between accounting and finance and explain finance role in running businesses
- Define the four key financial statements: balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and changes in owner equity as well as key financial terms such as profit, margins and leverage used in organizations
- Interpret the financial health and condition of a company, division or responsibility center and use financial information for management and evaluation
- Prepare a company’s operating budget and relate it to the organization’s strategic objectives
- Apply capital budgeting techniques and cost-volume-profit analysis to enhance decision making
Course is designed for:
Managers, supervisors and staff from any function including finance who need to improve understanding and usage of financial information.